Wednesday 6 August 2014

WFC in 100 Objects #48 - A Luton Town Membership Card

Yes, this photo is sideways - but it's a Luton membership card so we didn't think it was worth changing that!
Many Watford fans have to sacrifice a lot in their lives to follow the glory hornets week in and week out. You may miss special events to travel up to Doncaster or not little Johnny a birthday present because you want the latest shirt.

However, life long Watford fan, Nick Dunsbury made the biggest sacrifice any Watford fans has ever had to make. Nick told us:

It was from the years when away fans were banned from Kenilworth Road. I applied for Membership of the club so I could buy a ticket. However, I was refused due to my Watford address. So I reapplied with my sister’s Bletchley address and I was officially a member of Luton Town football club. When we scored I recall half the main stand jumping up and I don’t remember any problems at that fixture.

2 comments:

  1. we took over the place that day,..... happy days

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can claim to have watched a game at Kenilworth Road during the away fan ban wearing a Watford shirt (and not the white away one which would've provided some cover!). I got away with it because I was 9 years old at the time - a cousin of ours had a season ticket and took me, my Dad (wisely without colours) and my brother to a game in return for us taking him to Vic Road.

    ReplyDelete